H-E-L-P with building a PC (1500$)

alexander_iksander

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Hello everyone, new here and in need of assistance ! A quick background story; I feel like my gaming days are not going to last much longer since I will be super busy. In about 2 months I plan on building a good enough gaming pc, that would let me play games at great settings; such as (the witcher 3, fallout 4, gta 5) in that order...
It's important to mention that I don't plan on overclocking stuff since i'm a total noob or mess too much with it; however after doing some research I have a few things in mind :

1 - CPU - I was thinking i5-4690K since I heard good things about it (as far as I understand the K version is unlocked and can be overclocked. Should I go with the regular or K version since it's like 20$ +/- ?)

2 - CPU Fan - (I got nothin there, suggestions ?)

3 - GPU - GTX 970 4gb MSI OC (my last 2 gpus were from msi and proved reliable, do not want to SLI)

4 - Motherboard - : (something cheap and reliable, suggestions ?)

5 - Ram - I would think that for 2 years, 8GB would be enough, right ? (something cheaper and good if it exists ?)

6 - PSU - would 550-600 be enough ? what model ?

7- Hard Drive - I never had an SSD so ignorance is bliss I guess, in this case... yet again I would like to keep it on the cheap side. Would a 2TB suffice ? (currently have 1TB on my old pc, would like to have more than 1) Any model & brand ?

8 - CDRom - do I even need one ?

9 - Screen - I already have a Samsung monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 which should suffice...10

10- tower - I don't need anything flashy, maybe something that would be easy to open and clean and with enough room for the components to breathe (not plastic)

I'm excited to see what you boys think and I will also do my own research on the side, until around mid January.1500$ being the max amount, going below is always a +. Thanks in advance !