Dual Monitor buying help?

AllHokage

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm currently getting rid of my old monitor (BenQ XL2411Z) for a new BenQ XL2430T and I wanted a 2nd monitor for browsing/editing so it has to be an IPS and have really nice colours. I would prefer it to be 24" so they both match, but thats another thing I'm unsure about.

So can someone please suggest a second monitor and what do you think about the sizing?

Thanks!

AllHokage

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014

Do you think that will look good next to a 24"?

Retic3nt

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
er... by look good I'd need to know what you personally mean. I personally have 3 different size monitors and im happy with them you get used to different sizes after a few hours (resolution however is very different it still gets on my nerves when the mouse hits a little ledge). You also have the option of turning it vertical and letting it be a read out style display. If you're worried about people coming over and giving you a hard time about your monitors being off then we might need to look for a different one.

TLDR depends on how anal you want to be about it. I don't think it'll be a problem but you're buying it.

AllHokage

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014

So when I go to the next monitor, things will be sized differently :O... This is really hard as I'm going for a nice a presentable setup.

I'm guessing then that a certain size " and resolution above 24", will match the 1920x1080 24" display I have already. If someone knew what it was that would be awesome. If you don't get what I mean, ect. 24" 1920x1080 (OWN), 27" 2000x2000 (getting). Cause the size is 27", the size when stuff is dragged across is the same as the 24".

Sorry if I'm being a pain!

AllHokage

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014

So when I go to the next monitor, things will be sized differently :O... This is really hard as I'm going for a nice a presentable setup.

I'm guessing then that a certain size " and resolution above 24", will match the 1920x1080 24" display I have already. If someone knew what it was that would be awesome. If you don't get what I mean, ect. 24" 1920x1080 (OWN), 27" 2000x2000 (getting). Cause the size is 27", the size when stuff is dragged across is the same as the 24".

Sorry if I'm being a pain!

AllHokage

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014

When you pull a tab or what ever over to the 27", does it go smaller or bigger?

Retic3nt

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Because the 27/24 is bugging you here are 2 monitors at 24in that you would be happy with
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010VG2456/?tag=pcpapi-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H8J0JZW/?tag=pcpapi-20

One is a IPS (perfect for Visual games where speed isn't important, and viewing content)
The other is LED which should be a step up from your TN panel so the same as up top but not as much.
Hope this helps with your question, cheers!

LED is a step up from TN panel? hmmm...this is where people miss-understood very often.
LED is only the type of the background lighting or backlighting, the monitor panel itself could either be IPS or TN.
For backlighting, beside LED there is or was an older type called CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp).
LED is more power efficient and for quality, my eyes can not tell the difference between LED and CCFL.
I have not seen or very rarely seen any new monitors with CCFL lately.

http://www.screentekinc.com/backlight-ccfl-led-explained.shtml

Retic3nt

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
It's an IPS then, I was looking for IPS panels when this came up but it said LED so I figured it was just a bad search, but it was a good monitor so I included it. Thank you for the clarification on LED and CCFL technology I honestly did not know that was the case. I will try to keep that in mind when discussing monitors from now on.

@AllHokage, you will be fine with either of those monitors as a secondary.