Problems with USB DAC after Windows 10 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday Windows 10 updated and now my Aune T1 Mk2 USB DAC is no longer working. It shows up in the device manager and is recognized and the audio is switched to be playing through it, however there is not sound whatsoever in my headphones. I have tried a different pair of headphones and there was no change, still no sound. Does anyone have any idea what the issue may be?

Solution

Yes it is the rig in my signature. Also I do have my drivers...

Lutfij

Titan
The issue is the drivers assigned for the DAC. There was a similar issue, here on Tom'sHardware, only difference was that the DAC and the onboard audio provided sound that was half the desired output. The devices worked fine on a previous version of Windows but was fumbling on 10. Perhaps you can go into a system restore to a point that the DAC was working? Have you also tried sfc / scannow?

Furthermore did you install all the necessary drivers for your system? Speaking of which is the sig'd rig the system in question?

* Download these drivers from ASRock's site and run them in compatibility mode and see if the DAC responds.

Yes it is the rig in my signature. Also I do have my drivers updated. I solved my problem after uninstalling the device in device manager and restarting the computer, I had tried that before and it didn't work but third time is the charm I suppose.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.