Triple monitor set up question

skeeb1981

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
I am wanting to set-up a triple screen for my new build but having a few questions i am unsure about.
i am planing and 2 way sli with 980ti's

1. i want to use 3x 1440p monitors, when gaming on the center screen only and the other two on say a website or desktop will the game run like a single screen fps wise or will it run like the gpu are having to render all 3 screens and tank my fps.

2. if i hook all 3 up using display pots can the all plug into one gpu or do i need to split them as 2 into ist and 1 into 2nd.

Hello,

If you're only gaming on one of the 1440p displays, the other displays won't affect your gaming performance. My question however, is, why would you waste so many pixels and realestate for other things? I would go with a 1080p triple setup, for immersion, or maybe even a single UHD if a higher density is what you're after.

All the best!

skeeb1981

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015

i was going to go with a 4k uhd screen but from what i read about 45fps is about tops for ultra settings on bigger games

1. The game will a hair slower then a single screen. It's not even noticeable except in benchmarks, even then it may not show.
2. Nvidia GPU's can handle all the displays on a single GPU. I'm a little rusty but it may even be required for nvidia surround (not relevant in your case)

On a side note, have you looked into 2 ultrawide monitors? Honesty If i could trade in my triple monitor setup that's the route I'd be going. 2 ultrawide monitors stacked on top of each other will give you nice wide screen gaming and pretty good multitasking. I find it hard to actually use all 3 at once. Plus 1440p on a ultrawide is only about 2k which would run much smoother then 4k.