Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard/mouse keeps sending me to my desktop from inside video games

billybee

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Whenever I'm playing any game fullscreen, I'll get thrown out of it. Like if I minimized the game.

The game will still be selected as the active window though.

In the past I found out that it was one of my 3 registered mouse devices that was causing this.

I have one dell mouse, and the bluetooth logitech keyboard/touchpad combo. (Uses logitech unifying s/w)

Whenever I plugin my logitech keyboard/touchpad it will create 2 new mouse devices, a logitech unifying HID-compliant device, and an HID-compliant mouse device. If I uninstalled or disabled the new HID-compliant device in device manager it would fix the problem in the past.

Now if I uninstall the device, it reappears . Disabling the device also does not do anything anymore.

I have no idea what this third HID-compliant mouse device does. Disabling or uninstalling it in the past did not affect either mice or keyboard but fixed the problem.

Also it should be noted that this third mouse device only reappears whenever Windows installs new updates.

OS Win7, I've run malwarebytes, i've installed the latest update for logitech unifying software as well....

Snooping through the registry right now to try and figure out what this third mouse device even does.

Lutfij

Titan
There are a couple of known cases around the www that Logitech's unified software has been causing some issues. Try uninstalling your drivers and also remove the mouse+keyboard from your device manager. Reboot and then install Logitech's software.

May we know which models of Logitech hardware you have on your system including a detail of your system? Furthermore you've stated Win 7 but did you do a clean install of Windows 10 alongside your drivers that are compatible with the new OS(since this is the Windows 10 section in Tom'sHardware)?