Should I upgrade current PC, or build a new one?

pwned11145

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Hey everyone!

Not sure if it's worth replacing all my computer parts due to their age or not. I'm not sure when most parts fail. Most of gaming is on Blizzard games/occasional F2P stuff.

I don't care about running the newest triple AAA title on Ultra, 60 fps.

As long as I can push 1080p, 60fps around medium/high quality on new games and ultra/high settings for F2P/Blizzard games then I'm good to go. I don't plan on expanding very much so Micro ATX/low wattage PSUs are all I need.

This is what I currently have:
This baby is pretty old. I built this around 4 years ago.

So, I have two options from here:
1) Upgrade this sucker
OR
2) Build a brand new PC

This is what I had in mind for building a new PC. Might end up using the same case.

Would it be cheaper to just upgrade the GPU in my existing build (and maybe CPU, if it bottlenecks my GPU), replace the HDD with an SSD and replace older parts as they die out, or just start fresh?

The more money I save, the better monitor(s) I can get. :)

Also, not sure if a GTX 960 would fit in that case. I'll just do some measuring later unless someone knows off the top of their head.

Overall, I'd just like some advice and pro/cons for each option or other options you might suggest. I'm a good price/good performance kind of guy, I like value but don't want to go too cheap either.

Thanks in advance!!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I would start over for sure.
I would change a few things like the G1 power supply is not the best quality, buy a new case, a bit larger SSD so it's easier to manage, add a 1TB regular hard drive.
Then you could sell your current PC as a 100% working PC and get some of your money back.
Found good memory for a bit lower price.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hszFjX

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I would start over for sure.
I would change a few things like the G1 power supply is not the best quality, buy a new case, a bit larger SSD so it's easier to manage, add a 1TB regular hard drive.
Then you could sell your current PC as a 100% working PC and get some of your money back.
Found good memory for a bit lower price.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hszFjX