Monitor displaying no signal after windows has loaded

Jedi07

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015
Hey all,

I've been searching through many forums and I have found that many people have the same issue as me, but all their solutions haven't worked for me. I am currently running windows 10, and everytime I open my pc and then my monitor, everything displays correclty. But then, right after the loading screen of windows (before the accounts), my monitor goes black, and displays no signal. I am not running any video card, and in fact I am using the intel integrated graphics. I've had the PC for about 3 months now, and the issue only started 2 days ago for no reason. I've tried removing, cleaning and putting my ram back, then I removed and put the CMOS battery back, but nothing worked. And for no reason again, my pc sometimes will load up correctly along with the monitor. However, I cant get it to work now. I am really getting tired of this issue... If anyone can help me fix it definitely... Then youre a tech god :p

Thanks in advance

Solution
Hi jedi,

If you are using the on board Intel video solution of the computer.
The likely cause as to why the screen image is black most of the time after the windows loading screen, will be to do with how the Intel video driver is setup in windows.

As a quick test to see if it`s the case. when you first power the system on keep tapping your F8 key on the keyboard.
You should be brought to a menu of booting options for windows OS.

Choose safe mode, when windows loads see if the screen image pops up on the monitor screen.
If it does, the next thing you need to do is click on the arrow next to your time in windows desktop mode if using windows 7,8 or 8.1 or windows 10.

Check to see if the monitor you are using is set as the primary...
if your pg has the g3258 there been a known issue with built in gpu and windows 10. make sure the mb bios is up to date if it not use the bios updater inside the mb. in the bios set the primany display to ipgpu and set it to 64k first see if the video come up every time. if it does slowly up the video ram till it errors out. also make sure with intel driver update tool you have the newest video driver and chipset drivers installed.

Hi jedi,

If you are using the on board Intel video solution of the computer.
The likely cause as to why the screen image is black most of the time after the windows loading screen, will be to do with how the Intel video driver is setup in windows.

As a quick test to see if it`s the case. when you first power the system on keep tapping your F8 key on the keyboard.
You should be brought to a menu of booting options for windows OS.

Choose safe mode, when windows loads see if the screen image pops up on the monitor screen.
If it does, the next thing you need to do is click on the arrow next to your time in windows desktop mode if using windows 7,8 or 8.1 or windows 10.

Check to see if the monitor you are using is set as the primary display device.
Making sure you have no other options such as cloning or switching of the screen output image.
Also check that the resolution of the monitor is set in the Intel video driver software to what the monitor can display along with the correct Hz value for that display resolution.

Once done restart your system, and let windows load in its normal mode.

If it still fails, then use the same method above to get into windows safe mode.
Click on add and remove software, in control panel.
Remove the Intel video driver.
Restart your system, and then reinstall the Intel video driver software or chip set drivers.
Also have a look on the Intel website for a more up to date version of your video or chip set drivers, if they exist install them on your system.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS