Bootup Issue ?

iAnonymous

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Hello everyone!

Yesterday, after getting infected with malware, I decided to freshly reinstall windows 10 on my computer.
However, after reinstalling it, I noticed that my bootup was very slow. During the windows logo part of the bootup, the screen flashes once, and the loading circle of dots becomes slow and low quality. Afterwards, the screen turns black for ~40 seconds, and then I get to the login screen.. And sometimes, I get that issue after logging in.

What didn't load in my bootlog:
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WdFilter.sys
BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WdFilter.sys

I would really appreciate any help.
-iAnonymous

Solution
Everything is intertwined and part of the chain. Weakest link and all that. Make sure that you have auto update activated in 10. Maybe MS will fix your issues. They are pretty durn good at those things. Don't try blocking MS from feedback as that is how Windows learns to fix stuffs. If ya are falsely concerned about the notion privacy unplug yer connection permanently. If you don't have enough graphics power or a weak card or other hardware problems no driver will fix that. No third party driver programs as they are a mess. It probably isn't a problem until something breaks and something always does, sooner or later. Don't know how old your hardware is or can anyone predict when it will say enough is enough. It is only a PC ya know...

TbsToy

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
Um, make sure your BIOS is the latest version. Update W 10 and wipe and reinstall the graphics driver.
I noticed after the new W 10 major update a couple days ago that my login to sign on time in seconds increased, a lot. No unusual black screen times though. It might be the update cept for the driver warnings you are getting.
Repost me on this one please.
Sincerely,
Walt Prill

iAnonymous

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
So.. I did run the System File Checker, and it ended up fixing the black screen issue. However, the boot up process still takes the same time as before the blank screen, but instead it goes to a "Please Wait" loading screen. Moreover, during the windows logo bootup, I still notice that the screen blinks and the loading becomes slower and of a lower resolution, and it starts to stutter, as if its lagging or something..

TbsToy

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015

10 is working just fine there. 10 isn't 7 or Vista, or. . . . .It made a decision to lower the resolution cuz of your hardware's abilities, or lack of.
More software capability takes better hardware to use. Welcome to advancing tech:)!
Walt Prill

TbsToy

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
Also hardware cos. like, and especially, graphics card vendors, don't always write up to date drivers so compatibility isn't always maintained. The just release sumptin new. It is expensive to maintain old pieces and code up to date drivers and doesn't make em any bucks. Sometimes they never git it right from the get. Economics ya know. We switched to X99, in part, for issues like these.
They don't care if your machine runs right. MS does though!
Walt Prill

iAnonymous

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Thanks a ton for your help! Just to make sure Im getting things down right, I should not be worried about the loading screen becoming low res., nor should I worry about the drivers not loading properly??

TbsToy

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
Everything is intertwined and part of the chain. Weakest link and all that. Make sure that you have auto update activated in 10. Maybe MS will fix your issues. They are pretty durn good at those things. Don't try blocking MS from feedback as that is how Windows learns to fix stuffs. If ya are falsely concerned about the notion privacy unplug yer connection permanently. If you don't have enough graphics power or a weak card or other hardware problems no driver will fix that. No third party driver programs as they are a mess. It probably isn't a problem until something breaks and something always does, sooner or later. Don't know how old your hardware is or can anyone predict when it will say enough is enough. It is only a PC ya know. Ya weren't born with it and ya won't die with it, in all probability. Might want to consider another machine, if ya don't have a back up. There is the money thing of course. Don't worry about what ya can't control and we don't really have any control over anything cept what is for lunch.
Hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Walt Prill:).

Solution