Get Microsoft Internet Spades on Windows 10 - Failed Attempt (parental controls has blocked this game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashakal

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015
I am having the same (or at least similar) problem as this question.

I have just updated to Windows 10. Naturally, I am upset to see that they did not include Internet Spades with the upgrade. I found a tutorial for installing it on windows 8, which I followed, but now I am getting a "Parental controls blocked this game." I, too, have no parental controls in effect on my computer (I built it). I know the directions were for Windows 8 but from what I know about dll files (not a lot, but more than average) it didn't seem it would be different from Windows 8.

The tutorial I followed is HERE.

If the problem was in the instructions I followed (it must be). How can I achieve my objective? I prefer the Internet Spades that was included in Windows 7 to the app store versions that are out. I fear this will be the case until I can finish my own spades app.

Solution
I figured out why when you install a newer build to Win10 why games say blocked by parental control. Windows points the icons to C:\Windows.old\Program Files\Microsoft Games\ you just need to point the icons back to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\ and all is fine.

Mashakal

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015
So there's a blatantly easy solution here. Simply play the game form the Windows.old directory.

C:\Windows.old\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Multiplayer\Spades\shvlzm.exe

marcusgi3

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Having the same problem since I upgraded to winver 1511 (OS Build 10586). Running C:\Windows.old\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Multiplayer\Spades\shvlzm.exe gives same error. Any ideas?

marcusgi3

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
I figured out why when you install a newer build to Win10 why games say blocked by parental control. Windows points the icons to C:\Windows.old\Program Files\Microsoft Games\ you just need to point the icons back to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\ and all is fine.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.