BSOD when playing

zitte

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
So I'm having BSODs when I play videogames. I don't get them with every game but when I play GTA V it always crashes with a BSOD after 10 minutes or less. I thought about the GPU but the last BSOD that I had the PC was idle. First I had Windows 8.1 and installed Windows 10 thinking that it would solve the issue. I have the minidump but I don't know how to show it here. I don't know if it is relevant but sometimes, when I turn the PC on, there is a beep followed by three beeps (Asus motherboard, related to GPU), but when I restart the PC it works normally. Thanks.

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX 8350 @ stock
GPU: XFX 7870
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB (2x4)
Motherboard: Asus m5a97
PSU: Corsair CX 750M

Hello zitte

Can you please confirm the type of BSOD you are getting? Without the exact error code or BSOD Name, the problem seems too vague to rectify.

However, since you get the BSOD while playing GTA, the issue can be related to Pagefile (virtual memory) and you need to manage its size. Here's the link to tell you how.

FYI
The minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile (virtual memory) can be from 1.5 times and 4 times of the physical memory (RAM) respectively in your computer.

For example, for 1GB RAM, you can have 1.5GB and 4GB of minimum and maximum virtual memory respectively.

Good Luck!!