Monitor for photo editing - 27" / 2560x1440

sinart1

Reputable
Nov 16, 2015
Hello,

I would like to purchase a new monitor because my old u2413 had some blackligh bleeding and they send me the money back.Since 24" wasn`t felt enough i thinked that i should try a 27" one instead.
Mostly i'll be using this for phto editing, but graphics, web design and video editing will be also regulary present.
I narrow my searches to thease 4 monitors :

Dell - UltraSharp U2713H
Philips - 272P4APJKHB
BenQ - SW2700PT
HP - Z27i

http://uk.hardware.info/comparisontable/products/176032-268737-321825-205536

I need your advices because a readed pros and cons on every one of it.
Every suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks!

ps. I don`t think that the 4k monitors in this range of price are that good, and you need super computers to make them reach the 60hz refresh rate.

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin? RO

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.) phto editing, but graphics, web design and video editing

3. What resolution and screen size do you want? 2560 x 1440, 27 inch

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.) At least 60

5. How much are you looking to spend? Less than £600

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. ) None

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why) None

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor? No

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? 2

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc). DVI, DP, HDMI

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop? No

Solution
Hello, The four options you have listed are really all good monitors. If you are really looking for great color, I would definitely go with IPS or AH-IPS over the AHVA monitor you have selected. AHVA still displays nice colors, but it sacrifices some color to get faster speeds. And if every pixel really matters to you, I would go with the Dell due to the AH-IPS bringing out more color. If there is anything else you need, I will try to get back to you as soon as possibile.

PedroMatrin

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
Hello, The four options you have listed are really all good monitors. If you are really looking for great color, I would definitely go with IPS or AH-IPS over the AHVA monitor you have selected. AHVA still displays nice colors, but it sacrifices some color to get faster speeds. And if every pixel really matters to you, I would go with the Dell due to the AH-IPS bringing out more color. If there is anything else you need, I will try to get back to you as soon as possibile.

Solution

sinart1

Reputable
Nov 16, 2015
I was leading for the U2713H also, but i still have head pains from theyr warranty support.I loved the u2413 but after hitting myself with Dell poor support i must think twice before choosing again one of theyr products.
Thanks for the answer!

PedroMatrin

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015

No problem! I don't like Dell's support very much either, but I do like the monitors they sell. Sometimes it can be hard to choose one or the other! :p