Cannot access my system BIOS?

Crypto6

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Hey everyone,
I have an HP Pavilion m6-1045dx laptop computer that used to have Windows 7 on it but then I upgraded it to 10. It has been over a month since I have upgraded it so I cannot revert back to the original OS.

I just found out that I am unable to neither access my system BIOS nor boot from a CD/DVD or external flash drive. When I turn my computer on, it immediately boots to the Windows 10 startup logo instead of the traditional way 7 did it, it won't even show my manufacturer's logo on the computer anymore. Just a straight boot to 10.

I have tried the steps provided here to access the BIOS but it did not work.
http://www.howtogeek.com/126016/three-ways-to-access-the-windows-8-boot-options-menu/
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1013015/

Not only did I hold the F2 key during booting- the computer started beeping at me. It was a long beep that proceeded up until I let go of the F2 key and then my computer launched Windows 10 like nothing happened. I've been trying to check HP's website for driver downloads but so far, (perhaps it is because I am on school WiFi) it keeps giving me an error on their site saying they can't provide the drivers for my computer right now as they are unable to detect the drivers I may need.

boodaddy

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015
You can change the boot device within Windows now. Check out the steps below.

1. Go to settings (It's the notification icon beside the date/time) Then click "All Settings"
2. Click on "Update & Security"
3. Click On "Recovery" Then Under "Advanced Startup" click on "Restart"
4. It will ask you which device you want to boot from when the computer starts up. (You need to do this each time you want to boot from a different device)

This will help you until you figure out how to get in the bios. Have you made sure you pushed the "FN" key once before you tired to access the bios. The F2 key usually has two functions. One is the F2 key, and the other on some laptops pushing F2 will disable something like wifi. Before you shut down the computer push the "FN" key once, and then hold the F2 key while turning on the computer.