Win 10 Pro "built in Admin account"

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Big wind storm so turned off computer. Hours later on restart Win 10 opens up as a new install with no wall paper, no programs, no data, nothing. Try to figure it out and see Solitaire is there now but was not for last 2 weeks. Do not know where it went. Try to open and it says can not run in "Built In Administrator Account" . I do not use an account or a password so usually it just boots up and runs. I tried to switch accounts and there is one in my name but it has no data or Office 2010 or favorite pages and default programs are not set. How do I get out of this mode and back to normal.

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
One more thing. On shutdown I got the circle of circles Win 10 logo for a long time, then a message that one ap would not close with a tiny picture of the offender but it was too small to read so I clicked on it and nothing happened and it did not close. I hit cnt alt del and said to open task manager which did happen but the screen darkened quite a bit and was unresponsive so I hit the off button. On restart i ran Norton and found nothing. Then on to above problem.

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011

I did try a restore and none was available. Last change was Win 7 to 10.

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011

Danny2000. Went down a rabbit hole. I am trying to explore your answer. Looked at login screen it said I was logged in but restore returned message that was still in built in admin account. Decided to reboot and log in as me. Win 10 Logo and msg. do not turn off computer "Update 15% complete." I did not start an update and now on wife's computer as mine is stuck for half hour on do not turn off message. Wait. Now says restarting.

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Hours later. Screen said updating for half an hour, restarting for an hour, message that update had errors and would try again, then three or four more restarts and all is back to normal. Basically a full day Win 10 update. Danny2000 was right, my profile was corrupted. Lucky for me I have i52500K and 16 gb ram with Samsung 850 pro C: Drive or it could have taken weeks.

so you are up and running again on both computers/and/or laptops? with your files and such?
As far as your profile goes; It could have just been a bad driver that was given to Microsoft to include by your computers' manufacturers that screwed things up.

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Thanks Danny. In the last year most everything works. My profile is corrupted again. But I just pretend to be another user and let Microsoft track a non existent guy. That seems to be what Win 10 is about.