Motherboard Bios Issue

Imnotgraile

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
Hi all.

I am having a bit of a problem with my motherboard. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and started trying to play games again and realized that they are running slower than they used to, especially CPU heavy games, like World of Warcraft during raids, it seems as though my motherboard bios has not been updated correctly that could be throttling it. I have not been able to find updates for my motherboard that supports windows 10. It is a fairly new motherboard and not that cheap so I dont want to have to go and buy a new, more expensive one just to be able to play games to their full potential.
MSI Live update crashes everytime I try to scan my pc for out of date drivers, I have tried an older version of it and it still doesnt work.

My motherboard name is MSI Z77A-G43.
Cpu is Intel core i5-3470 @ 3.20 GHz.
Graphics card is the Royal Queen R9 280x.
Windows 10 (64 bit)
8gb ram
128gb Kingston SSD
PSU is 650w 80+ bronze

I was wondering if there was anyway I could sort this out, or will I have to get a new motherboard or downgrade to windows 7 again.

Thank you.
Graile.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Not to rub sand in your eyes or anything but your system may be brand new however the board has about 3 successors to it. The Z87, Z97 and now the Z170 came after it.
2| The BIOS version available to be the latest is v2.13 and is available here.
3| If you think some of the motherboard drivers are causing an issue, you can go ahead and download your drivers for Windows 10 or you can download drivers meant for Windows 7/8/8.1 and run them in compatibility mode.

Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Select Windows 7/8 [from drop down menu]

4| I would also look towards your GPU drivers as a probable cause of issue. Download the latest AMD GPU drivers from here.

When you speak of upgrade did you upgrade from Windows 7 or did you perform a clean install to Windows 10? Likewise did you perform a clean install of your graphics card?