No display from GPU(brand new). Need pretty big help

DaFrigginPope

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
Hello.
Recently my R9 270x display driver stopped working. I sent in an RMA for it and had it returned to be fixed/replaced. In the mean time I used an nvidia GT 640 and thought nothing about removing my AMD drivers. When I started playing Warframe I noticed something off. It said I was playing at 50fps but felt like 20fps and was super glitchy. I still thought nothing of it and let it slide.

After 3 days of this happening the display driver kept crashing constantly so I turned my computer off. I tried turning it back on and everything turned on, but there was no display, not even bios. It was as if it wasn't detecting my GT 640 even though it was on and working.

My R9 270x returned today and was hoping the problem would not persist. But again, no display. Everything on, plugged in, and no beeps from the motherboard. I don't have an onboard GPU to check BIOS or troubleshoot my problems.

Could there be something wrong with my motherboard or CPU? I don't want to spend too much on replacing items

CPU: AMD FX-6300(motherboard oc'd it to 3.8GHz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: MSI 970a-G43
GPU: AMD R9 270x DEVIL Edition
HDD: RE4 500GB

First off, I don't know why in the world you were running your GT640 on drivers for the 270X. No wonder why you got crap performance in games.

This new problem, since you are not even getting a BIOS, could very well be a broken motherboard. It's unrelated to the poor performance in games with the 640, that was drivers, but now this is a hardware issue it seems.