Need help diagnosing an issue with the Windows Volume Mixer.

movros99

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Hello all,

I recently installed the Spotify music application. Unfortunately the Windows Volume Mixer fails to affect the music player. When running other applications like Pandora, iTunes, and games, the sounds works just fine and the Volume Mixer green colored volume meters activate. Spotify music does play and I can hear sound from the speakers, but I'm not sure why it is bypassing the Windows Volume Mixer. I have tried installing Spotify on an alternate Windows 7 computer and it registers just fine in the Volume Mixer.

I have tried reinstalling both the Spotify app and sound drivers. I am running Windows X 64 bit and using an HT | OMEGA CLARO Plus+ 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card. I use OBS Multiplatform to stream on Twitch.tv and I need the sound to run through the Volume Mixer so music can be routed to the stream.

I could really use a method to diagnose what is going wrong or I could use a recommendation for an alternative program other than the Windows Volume Mixer. So far my post on the Spotify website is going unanswered. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

Mo

Picture of Volume Mixer
qkGu57g.jpg

Solution
Uninstall Spotify app first. Now, when you reinstall your drivers for the audio card, do you also delete the hardware from the device manager list? You will need to uninstall your drivers, delete audio device(sound card) from device manager, reboot system and then proceed to reinstall your sound drivers after getting into Windows 10. Once that is done install spotify and see if the issue has been alleviated.

One user had a similar issue with his USB DAC which was activated from an inactive state after 3 attempts.

It'd be good if you deactivated the automatic device drivers update feature in Windows 10.

Is this a clean install of Windows 10 or an upgrade from a previous version of Windows? We'd also require your full...

Lutfij

Titan
Uninstall Spotify app first. Now, when you reinstall your drivers for the audio card, do you also delete the hardware from the device manager list? You will need to uninstall your drivers, delete audio device(sound card) from device manager, reboot system and then proceed to reinstall your sound drivers after getting into Windows 10. Once that is done install spotify and see if the issue has been alleviated.

One user had a similar issue with his USB DAC which was activated from an inactive state after 3 attempts.

It'd be good if you deactivated the automatic device drivers update feature in Windows 10.

Is this a clean install of Windows 10 or an upgrade from a previous version of Windows? We'd also require your full systems specs.

As per your Spotify alternatives:
9 best free Spotify alternatives
+
http://alternativeto.net/software/spotify/

Solution

TRENDING THREADS