My ping is bad only in the evening, why is that? And can I do to fix it?

wicked1001

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
Hey there, I recently got myself a powerline adapter from TPlink. I got it because I cannot get an ethernet cable upstairs to my room, so I upgraded from my wifi adapter (That I thought was the reason why my ping numbers were bad) But I seem to get the same problem. Noone in my house downloads anything, just another pc downstairs mostly on Idle and a few mobile phones. I have a Virgin Media super hub with I think 100mb. If anyone could possibly give me some pointers into fixing this I'd be very grateful!

Lutfij

Titan
If after moving onto a new mode of internet connectivity while keeping your ISP constant is a sign that the issue lies with your ISP. If the ping and speed is bad during the evening then its to do with usage+peak hours being at that time of day/timeframe. You could call up your ISP and notify them of your issue.

Ofc you can try getting an ethernet cable upstairs and the above point may be bolstered.

Another thing you can try and see is if anyone is using off your device - neighbors getting free internet? Other factors can include interference with furniture and walling material/hollow spaces to degrade wireless performance(when on wifi) and interference and resistivity found within power lines(when on powerline adapter>read through this if you'd like to know more)