Monitor light keeps blinking, but no display

miit12

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
http://m.imgur.com/6BEL2fl
That just keeps blinking as in the picture, there is a no "no signal" sign on the monitor. I removed VGA cable from GPU, and it showed no signal. I tried putting the VGA both on CPU and GPU but nothing works, it just keeps blinking. I removed CMOS battery for a minute, and pressed the power button again, but the same keeps happening. What can I do? What's the problem?
Also, the CPU and GPU fans run as soon as I press power button. The DVD ROMs starts functioning as well.
It's just something with the monitor :/
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Never heard of doing that, don't believe that garbage.

the thermal paste is good to go, no waiting for it to 'set' or 'cure' or anything like that.

warhead0

Distinguished
What if you remove the GPU from the system.

Plug the monitor into the CPU graphics on the motherboard, this way we can rule out the GPU.

(you might need to check inside the bios to ensure it's booting with intel graphics enabled. hopefully its automatic...)

miit12

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

Alrighty , please stay on if you can, I'll try it right now ;)

miit12

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

Alright, thank you! I've never did a thermal paste, how do we do it? Is there tutorials available? Plus, are all thermal pastes the same? The link that I Posted on the other post regarding overheating, would it do the job?

warhead0

Distinguished
It's very easy. and there are plenty of videos all over the internet to help you in a bit more detail.

It's basically unscrewing some screws on the back of the GPU, gently removing the heatsink and shorud, and disconnecting the fans little pwm header.
from here you do a bit of cleaning and dusting of the parts and fan too.
Then clean the old dried thermal paste off, put a tiny dot of some new stuff
Screw it all back together, plug the fans back in and it's good to go again.

Most thermal paste is the same and can be used on the CPU/GPU, performance of the high quality paste is not a massive difference, 1-4C difference.

It might also be worth while installing some extra overclocking software (MSI Afterburner), not for overclocking but to have better control of your fans speed, you can manually turn the fan right up to help with cooling, but at the cost of a noisy GPU.

miit12

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

Thanks again, just ordered a thermal paste. Hopefully the insane '120°' will cool down. Thanks a lot :)

miit12

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

I got the paste after a couple of days, it didn't quite work, didn't really get time to reply earlier.
The paste did not quite work, it indeed was applied properly, at the first boot the temperature was reduced to 90 Degrees Celsius which previously was around 120. But again, after like 5 minutes, it went up to 125 which just sucks. I think both of the cards are just useless now, right?