Monitor Fail. Black Screen, Can't turn off PC.

Vespecci

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015
Evening all.

Specs: Asus strix gtx 960 4gb
FX-8320 3.5ghx 8core (not overclocked)
GA-970A-UD3 mobo.
G.skill Ripjaws X Series 2x4GB ram
Acer G205HVbd Black 20" monitor
Rosewill Green Series RG530-S12 530W PSU
Running Windows 7 64bit.

The system was built at the end of 2012. I just upgraded the GPU and CPU 2 days ago. I don't THINK my problem coincides with this PC upgrade, but it's possible since I don't remember when it started happening. In any case, my monitor randomly shuts off. It'll go to a black screen, and the power light goes from blue to orange and it reads no signal. Whats most interesting that nothing I do will wake it up, and holding the power button will NOT turn it off. I have to go to the back of my PC case and flip the switch back there to cut off power. Once I do this, I can instantly reboot and it all works. Holding the main power button on the top of my case works again when not in this monitor-dead state.

Whats up with this? I've monitored my temps. Everything is super normal. I idle in the 25-32C area, under a game load I sit around ~52C. My GPU is rated up to the 80-90C range.
I didn't think it was a problem with the monitor because of the strange problem with the power button. I've updated my drivers for my new GPU and everything has been great.

This problem has happened about 3 times now late at night after my PC has been on all day.
It's also never happened twice in a row. Once I kill the power in the back and boot it back up, it stays working fine until I shut it off for the night.

Thanks a lot!