IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error while gaming (Windows 10)

CluelessKye

Reputable
Nov 23, 2015
Prior to getting a blue screen error with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error" noted at the bottom, I crashed a couple days back where monitors just went black.

I've noticed issue has only happened when playing a game, League of Legends, to be exact. I have no trouble running Fallout 4 and other graphic intensive games and have no crashed playing them, might have to test further.

I did a stress test with my CPU using P95, running at 100% CPU for 2 hours and saw no sign of possibly crashing.

Might not have anything to do with the game, and when I open up my tower it is pretty hot towards the CPU... I'm thinking it is the Fan/Liquid Cooling not functioning properly but I wanted some advice before buying new parts.

Currently my specs are:

Processor: Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPUI @ 3.4GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Windows 10 64-bit
GPU/Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7770
Corsair CX 600w
Asus motherboard (not sure which one)
2tb hard drive
Asetek Liquid Cooling

If you need more information to help, please let me know what and how I can give it to you. Thanks for your time

CluelessKye

Reputable
Nov 23, 2015

Not sure how I can send you the data but I did use "WhoCrashed" and got these results:

On Mon 11/23/2015 3:57:18 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112215-14921-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x18, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800B6C8DC42)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.