Ultra-wide 21:9 2560 x 1080 monitors

Solution
I believe the Asus is the better panel. But I like the stand that the LG is using way more than the Asus. Unless you put these two side by side, you're never going to be able to tell the difference. I'm saying that, because it's not a difference as big as going from a TN panel to IPS (or in this case AH-VA which is slightly worse than IPS). For movies ultrawides aren't ideal, because scanning the picture outside the screen to get rid of the black bars included in the source, is actually going to blur the image, and tiny detail will be lost. However, again. You won't notice any of this until you put a 16:9 next to a 21:9 and of course viewed both in person. Go with the one you like more, if you don't like the aestethics of one, you're...
I believe the Asus is the better panel. But I like the stand that the LG is using way more than the Asus. Unless you put these two side by side, you're never going to be able to tell the difference. I'm saying that, because it's not a difference as big as going from a TN panel to IPS (or in this case AH-VA which is slightly worse than IPS). For movies ultrawides aren't ideal, because scanning the picture outside the screen to get rid of the black bars included in the source, is actually going to blur the image, and tiny detail will be lost. However, again. You won't notice any of this until you put a 16:9 next to a 21:9 and of course viewed both in person. Go with the one you like more, if you don't like the aestethics of one, you're going to enjoy it less than one that you do enjoy looking at, in the long run.

All the best!

Solution
Both of the monitors should have exactly the same AH-IPS panel from LG.
The specs are thus very similar.
ASUS is known to have the better QC but getting a defect monitor is only due to bad luck.
I would say get the cheaper one or if you like the look, the ASUS one is prettier.