opinions please, will amd fx cpu's remain powerful enough to run the latest games until new amd cpu's are launched?

Jct

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015
They should be fine as long as you aren't talking below the fx 6300. the fx 8370 will certainly be plenty to keep from bottlenecking your gpu as long as we aren't talking about gaming in 4k or something. If you are planning on doing that though I'm sure youd have the money for a nicer intel processor.

But basically it depends on which fx cpu youre talking about. the fx 4350 will, of course, struggle to keep up with the latest games but the higher tier cpus should be fine.

jays2pence

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2014
I have had my 6300 for about two years now and it's still hanging in there for my gaming needs, i was considering jumping over to intel for a new build but i am not someone with a lot of money, i plan to wait to and see but was curious for your opinions. i suppose by the time the Zen will be available Intel chipsets and chips should be cheaper too, definitely looking for a ddr4 platform. I suppose i am a bit of an amd fanboy because id love to go with the Zen chip if i can wait that long. thanks for the replies.. it's all food for thought

Yes, they'll run current-release games that take advantage of multiple threads just fine. Not as well as an i7, but you certainly won't be hurting too badly with a decent graphics card.

It is games that demand high single-thread performance that bring the FX chips down (ARMA 3, etc)