Would this set up work?

NoEasyDay

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
Would a setup of one 24" 144hz AOC monitor as a main monitor work with two 21:9 side monitors that I would use for multitasking, or would this cause any problems due to the aspect ratio, etc?

Solution
As long as you aren't trying to duplicate displays, then you should be able to setup each display independently. You would create a single desktop that spans all the displays. Moving items between monitors might be a little odd because the items might jump up or down as they move from monitor to monitor.

NoEasyDay

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015

Well, I see where you are confused with my original question, what I'm asking is that if I took all of these, hooked them upto my graphics card, would there be any problems in software getting them to work properly because of the different aspect ratios associated with each monitor, such as because the main monitor is 16:9, will it lock the two 21:9s to a 16:9 resolution, or any problems just causing them not to work together?

kanewolf

Titan
As long as you aren't trying to duplicate displays, then you should be able to setup each display independently. You would create a single desktop that spans all the displays. Moving items between monitors might be a little odd because the items might jump up or down as they move from monitor to monitor.

Solution