windows 10 slow start up

iColby

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Ever sense I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 I've been getting slow start ups. didn't have any problems before. When I start my computer for the first time during the day it starts off fine but after 2 seconds the loading circle starts moving really slow. I gave it like 20 minutes one time to see if it would start but the circle was still slowly spinning, so I turn the power off and restart it and it starts fine. after the second time I start it up I can hear the hard drive spin up and all the other stuff, but that doesn't happen the first time I start it.

Please help this is getting really annoying. Thanks

Kurz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006

Crystaldiskinfo check on the health of the harddrive, if its green it could be bad still.
You might need to replace the harddrive if its 3 or more years consider replacing it with a SSD or new Harddrive.

It could be the install is bad, then that you can back up your data and do a fresh install create a install disk ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ).

Make sure to delete all the partitions for your disk, and select new.
And install the OS on the biggest partition.

Don't worry about inputting a key just skip that part it should activate when you get online.
Then just move everything back.

Note the method above will delete everything so make sure you back up your User folder and make sure you have a key for any program installs that require it.