How can I test the difference between UHD and QWHD at a store?

Amywalker730

Honorable
Nov 24, 2014
I managed to find a store that had both QWHD and UHD monitors. Unfortunately I can't exactly install a game on the computers and play them for a while at the store. So does anyone have any ideas what I might be able to do to test them out visually?

I've tried watching videos and browsing at the appropriate resolution pictures, but for the life of me I just can't see a difference.

Solution
Use the monitors OSD menus and select the Cinema/Theater/Movie preset on both. Because they're likely not calibrated, that's the closest you can get. The one that looks worse can still win after calibration, so it's by no means accurate. A monitor won't look better because of it's resolution, that's the biggest marketing lie known to man. However, this should give you an idea of what the difference is between the two. Obviously the UHD needs scaling, which blurs the picture, so for PC use, WQHD makes a whole lot more sense than UHD at that size.

Snowsnooks

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015

Ask the store manager if you can place them side by side?

Use the monitors OSD menus and select the Cinema/Theater/Movie preset on both. Because they're likely not calibrated, that's the closest you can get. The one that looks worse can still win after calibration, so it's by no means accurate. A monitor won't look better because of it's resolution, that's the biggest marketing lie known to man. However, this should give you an idea of what the difference is between the two. Obviously the UHD needs scaling, which blurs the picture, so for PC use, WQHD makes a whole lot more sense than UHD at that size.

Solution