Can I build a music production build on a $300 budget?

Kasim_

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
I would like to get into digital djing and music production. If possible I would like to stay within $300-400. I'm going to buy Native Instruments "Mashine" so it will have to be able to handle plugins and samples-not right away, I'm an amateur but I will eventually expand and upgrade. I haven't decided on serato or virtual DJ but my build will have to be able to handle the demand.
I know my budget is low so I'm really focused on the CPU,RAM,STORAGE. I'm willing to deal with case noise and skim wherever else I can. This build is one big lesson, from building to producing my first song and hearing my first scratch.

Solution
Instead of $600 on Mashine, which is mostly a fancy button board, I would that $600 and $400 for the PC and spend $1000 on a better PC, Studio Monitors, Audio Interface, headphones, and something like fruity loops to start with. Even $1000 is stretching it, but it could be done for a starting system. You want an audio interface though so you can get low latency sound, studio monitors are essential to get a mix that will sound good, etc.
Instead of $600 on Mashine, which is mostly a fancy button board, I would that $600 and $400 for the PC and spend $1000 on a better PC, Studio Monitors, Audio Interface, headphones, and something like fruity loops to start with. Even $1000 is stretching it, but it could be done for a starting system. You want an audio interface though so you can get low latency sound, studio monitors are essential to get a mix that will sound good, etc.

Solution