Auto sign in for a user account with no password.

xGalaktor

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
I have gone to netplwiz and unchecked the box for 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'. Now this should automatically sign into the one and only user account on the start-up of the pc right? Well, no.
The user account on the pc does NOT have a password against it but I still have to type in the username and hit enter. However, if I add a password to the account it will log on automatically with the box unchecked stated above in netplwiz.

So what I am asking is how do I get the PC to sign in on start-up automatically, without having to enter just the username for a user account with NO password.

(I know the simple solution is add a password, but I want the computers to not have passwords)

if your talking about windows 10 and 8 if the main user has a microsoft.net as the main account when they main the user account (hotmail.outlook). then when you did the netpwiz you have to put in the log in name in the boxes under the checkbox to get windows to log in without asking for a password.

xGalaktor

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

The user account is just a local account, not connected to a microsoft online account in anyway.
The account will not login automatically despite unchecking the 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer'..
However, if I put a password against the account, it will autologin with the option stated above unchecked.
I just want to know why I cannot have it automatically login when there is no password assigned to the user.

TRENDING THREADS