Windows 10 - all possible issues and BSODs. NEED. HELP.

1xW

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
Hi, I desperately need help, because I have no idea what's going on. I have Windows 10 on my laptop, upgraded from Windows 7 straight away it came out so it's been a while. Everything has been fine up to now. On Sunday it just crashed on log in, gave a critical service error with a blue screen and restarted, then it didn't go past the start up logo, it went on a loop, laptop went idle. Boom, bsod again. Restart. Then it gave me an Insert boot device or select boot device and enter a key or whatever it says. Restart. Bsod. Finally got on to the start up repair. Couldn't fix it. Reinstalled the whole system with leaving my data intact. All is good.
3 days later, same thing. I started getting WiFi connectivity issues. The little light next to the power buttons was not on. Windows 10 did recognise and connect to WiFi but all my browsers were crashing. Also I had issues with my touchpad. Now I'm back to bsods. This time I do sometimes get onto my desktop but everything just freezes after a few seconds. I've gotten a variety of errors. The first one was Dsp(?) Watchdog bsod, then a system thread exception not handled bsod, a critical service failure bsod if I'm not mistaken and now back to the critical process died bsod. Sometimes it asks for the boot device. It's random. I need help with this please, and I'm a bit strange with computers as I don't know what to do in cases like this. I've always taken good care of drivers, disk checks, viruses, everything, so I'm slightly heartbroken. My guess is it's a driver-hardware-system driver incompatibility + the updates and Windows 10 thinking all components are up to date, but we all know how that goes. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
It is an ASUS X5MS series laptop, 8 GB RAM, i7 Intel core, GeForce GT 630M. Never had any issues with it apart from it freezing after standby when on Windows 7. Got around it by changing what the power buttons do etc. I've had it for 3.5 years and has been nice and speedy.
I don't want to lose my data by the way. Just saying.
Thank you!

Solution
I would run sfc /scannow (which checks the system file integrity) and chkdsk /f (scans for errors on hard drive) from the command prompt. If both of these test come back with no errors then its most likely a driver issue.

thatmoney

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I would run sfc /scannow (which checks the system file integrity) and chkdsk /f (scans for errors on hard drive) from the command prompt. If both of these test come back with no errors then its most likely a driver issue.

Solution