Price check on old PC components (AMD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaM123

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
I'm looking to sell some old PC components, preferably want to sell them as a bundle because I'm hoping to upgrade in the new year.

Anyway, what sort of price should I ask for?

AMD FX 6300
MSI R9 280X 3GB
M5A78L-M/USB3

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Check on ebay and see what kind of bids they are getting individually, then work out a bundle price. Don't go by what sellers are asking for them, go by what bidders are actually bidding. http://www.ebay.com/

JoeRogan

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
Don't check bids, in advanced search on eBay select "Sold Listings", which will only show you items that actually sold (as opposed to "Completed Listings", which will include stuff like BIN's that never sold). There's no point in looking at auctions that haven't ended yet.

That motherboard looks like it's going for $20 to at most $50. I wouldn't expect to get much more than $20 for it. Graphics card has sold as low as in the $120's and as high as ~$180, and the processor seems to be around $70-$100. I didn't do any refinements to account for used vs. new prices though, so I'd expect yours to be on the lower end. You'd probably do a little better bundling the processor and mobo and selling the card separately.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I'm interested in your FX-6300 if you want to forgo EBay. I have Paypal, and an EBay acct in very good standing (perfect score over a few years). I'm also interested in your 280x since I own a couple already. If you can give a military veteran a package deal at a good price I'll buy it. PM me and we'll discuss price.

Status
Not open for further replies.