System Reserved (D:\) After 2nd drive swap

Barbatum083

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2015
Greetings,
I recently swapped out my HDD that held all my music, pictures, videos, documents, and downloads folders for a SSD and after the swap, Windows created this System Reserved (D:\) drive with just the Pictures and Videos folders on it. The two folders were empty as well but the drive apparently has 65.8/100mb being used. Previously my HDD held the (D:\) letter designation and now it's (E:\). Did Windows make the boot drive visible because of the Pictures and Videos folders or did something else happen? Before I swapped the drives, I restored all of the above mentioned folders to their default locations. I suppose it's not a big deal, but seeing it there bugs me all the same. Thanks

Edit: I just noticed in Disk Management that there is a System Reserved folder with no letter designation and below it is my System Reserved D:\ The Health status of the D:\ drive says "Active, Primary Partition".

You got me a bit confused.

In any case when you install the windows os to any drive it creates a partition called system reserved.
This partition can be about 500Mb in size and is used as a temporary place to store windows install files.

Because the files are un compressed from the Dvd disk or the boot able usb pen with the os install.
To this partition, then executed as part of the install of windows os.

For every disk you install windows on a system reserved partition is created.
It can also hold boot information, in order to boot windows os when you first turn your system on.
You should not attempt to delete it, if you are using the drive with windows os on it, and booting from the drive to load windows on your system.

If it is not being used as a boot able os drive then you can delete the partition, shrink it, or set the drive to a basic drive.
or what ever type of drive you wish to create to store data on.
Any drive you had windows os installed on to it, will be a primary active partition.

For example C: windows os D: system reserved partition.

Barbatum083

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2015

Sorry if I confused you, allow me to break it down then. I have a SSD with Windows OS installed on it and until recently, a HDD that I had for media and other things I didn't want on my C:\ drive. I replaced the HDD, which was drive D:\, with a SSD because, I like them better. Before I changed the physical drive I moved all of the folders to their default locations, eg: Music, Downloads, Documents, Pictures, and Videos. I then changed the drive and started back up Windows. Once I was booted up, Windows had created a D:\ drive called System Reserved (D:\) and put two folders on the drive, Music and Videos, then it changed my media drive to E:\. Now I have this drive listed as System Reserved (D:\) and it claims to be empty.
In Disk Management, there are two System Reserved drives listed.
mIf8Pd6.png

BlvQBa3.png

Barbatum083

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2015

Thanks, I've already read this but I feel my issue is a bit more unique.