screen turning black randomly when using 144hz

bjexhoop

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
i have had this pc for a while now and have never really gotten around to solving this issue.

When i try and play games using 144hz my screen turns black either when i launch the game or when i tab out and back in. So for a while i have been using 120hz. My experience with this has been a lot better. Although sometimes when i tab back in or launch a game rapidly in a short period of time the same thing happens. it just occurs a lot less.

Also it is wroth mentioning that i have 3 monitors so i dont know if that has anything to do with it. But when this problem does occur the other 2 still work once i tab out of my game.

my pc specks are;
CPU: Intel i7-4790k
Mother board: Asus maxims vii hero
Ram: Kingston hyper X furry 16GB (DDR3-1866)
GPU: Ausu GTX 980 Strix
PSU: Corshair RM 650w 80+ gold certified Fully modular ATX
Monitors: BenQ XL2720z(main monitor), BenQ G2412HD and LG flatron E2441

looking forward to reading your responses
regards Spencer

Solution
i have the 2420z and have a similar issue.

I run mine at 144hz, occasionally when i launch some games i will get a 'out of range' error.

I've found by just pressing the 1 2 or 3 key on my monitor remote it quickly fixes it.

I usually use profile 2, so when my monitor shows the out of range error upon launching, ill just press 2 on my keypad and it magically fixes my problem.

Hopefully this helps you too.

warhead0

Distinguished
i have the 2420z and have a similar issue.

I run mine at 144hz, occasionally when i launch some games i will get a 'out of range' error.

I've found by just pressing the 1 2 or 3 key on my monitor remote it quickly fixes it.

I usually use profile 2, so when my monitor shows the out of range error upon launching, ill just press 2 on my keypad and it magically fixes my problem.

Hopefully this helps you too.

Solution

bjexhoop

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014

Thank you so much i have been looking for a solution for this for a while.