Favorite Things To Do In Your Free Time On The Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonrk

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
I've been looking for some fun things to do on my PC. I like to consider myself a computer guy but currently I am too busy to learn a programming language, so I am trying to find some other fun stuff to do until I free my time up more... Any recommendations?

Regards, Mason.

Ralston18

Titan
"Music hopping".

Use the name of a favorite song/music piece to find other groups who have done (covered) the same song. Then listen to other songs by the same group. Generally I use YouTube and "hop" about between artists. Either following the group or the music.

There is some amazing talent out there and you can stumble across some really interesting groups and covers.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i find spending endless hours on this forum to be my idea of free time fun :)

but i also read a lot and find playing with audio to be a bit of fun. i like to strip soundtracks from movies and cut them up to use for other purposes. not really remixing as much as it is combining things from multiple sources to complement each other. often a song could use some nice quotes from a movie mixed in during the dead spots.

for instance i once found a copy of the beautiful people where someone had spliced in quotes from full metal jacket through out it. it worked perfectly and became a favorite among my army unit to get us worked up before a mission.

just one idea i like to use to help enjoy free time.

Kenhumes

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
During free time.. I like to surf online shopping sites..
I usually look for discounted items (doesn't matter want to buy or not).. This is really a great idea for time passing..:)

YummyBot

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015

I'd recommend you some semi-script game making programs to play with. Multimedia fusion 2, for example. It is basic and interesting to experiment with, and whe you have time - you can write some scripts to improve your dids.

feiyula

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
and watching crap on hulu.
Ws4dXI

bedroll69

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Play Payday: The Heist with the lads
Windows shop on eBay
Buy CS:GO keys and cases until I have no money left
Download viruses