Need Help Deciding!! Personal Opinions Welcome

Candy_Flip

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
So Ive been saving money and am looking for a new graphics card set up, and you guys have always had the best answers!

For the record I consider myself an Enthusiast and LOVE everything computers and video games. I play at 2560x1440p with the Asus SWIFT monitor, which I'm in love with btw.

So It comes down to 2 different "styles" of GTX 980 Ti's AND I want to run them in 2-way SLI:

EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB KINGPIN = I am awestruck by this card but with the price tag I'm a little skeptical ($900), though I've seen nothing but the most premier reviews and love the design and its ability to OC.
VS.
EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC+ GAMING w/ACX 2.0+ = WAY cheaper ($600), But I love the cooling OC ability and everything bout it.

So I'm asking, in your opinion, is it worth it to save up some more and get 2x KINGPIN's or should i take advantage of the Cyber Monday deal of 2x SC+?

Im really torn and I love the KINGPIN but I don't think that it justifies the $300 ($600 total) price difference.

Candy_Flip

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015

I wouldn't think so but I figured why not ask if you don't know, anything you feel like extrapolating on? Reasoning or justifications? I'm just curious! :D

Candy_Flip

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015

ahh didn't even think about that! thanks m8. Point taken I think ill save my money and get 2 GTX 980 Ti SC+