Should I buy Dell UltraSharp U2414H?

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
I am tempted to buy the Dell UltraSharp U2414H monitor and wanted to know if anyone has one or knows how well it would handle gaming? If not does anyone know of any good monitors that look as good as this one for around the same price (£150 - £200)?

Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2414H 23.8 inch Widescreen IPS LCD Monitor (1920 x 1080, 2M:1, 250 cd/m2, 8 ms, HDMI/DP/mini DP/USB)

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-UltraSharp-U2414H-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B00H3JIGHA/ref=sr_1_9?s=computers&srs=1649763031&ie=UTF8&qid=1448616604&sr=1-9

Any replies much appreciated! :)

Solution
U2412H is usable for games, (cons) just not optimal for fast-paced games such as BF4, CS GO, etc.
It is a very good monitor with a very good price.
If you can live with the cons, I do not see why you should not get it.
For gaming, you might wanna look at 5ms monitors or faster.
Is there anything special you want from that U2414H?
That is an IPS monitor, which is not really meant for gaming or a wee bit too slow (8ms) for gaming.

If you wanna game, it is better to get a TN monitor like VG248QE.

If a pretty all-rounder monitor is good enough for you and if you want an IPS monitor, ASUS MX239H and VX239H are also nice.

ah..almost forgot...for gaming..
8ms is too slow if you are playing competitive hardcore ego shooter like CS GO.
If you play MMORPG or games like Skyrim or Diablo...U2414H is already good enough.

Note: I have a Dell U2412M and gamed on it too before I bought XB270HU.

The image quality of U2414H is superb as it is an IPS monitor.
The ones from ASUS above are also IPS.
uhmm...one more thing...Dell has the better build quality, if this is important to you.

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

I basically really like the look of the monitor and it has some nice features such as usb ports on the monitor, I do play a lot of games but I'm not crazy into my games where I notice all the little details.

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
I do play some FPS's such as Call of Duty and Battlefront so sounds like this might not be the best choice, I love the look of this monitor so its a shame they don't do the same looking monitor but more gaming focused for around the same price. Does anyone know of some nice looked (think bezel) monitors that they would recommend?

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

I'm going to be doing a bit of refresh on my system, Recently got a raise at work so for the first month or two I'm going to put some money into my PC.

Here's a link to what I might upgrade to but nothing is concerete yet.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Hk763C