Which Graphics card should i use?

Nacho_1

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Hi, i am in the middle of a dilema here... i already own a Radeon HD 6950 2GB graphics card(it was a gift from a friend) and i'm currently building my own PC. the proble here is, i want more than that, so i was planning on buying a new graphics card. my problem here is, Should i buy another radeon HD 6950 and crossfire it with the one i have here or should i spend a bit extra money and buy a better one like an R9 390 8GB?
my processor is an AMD 8350 and a gigabyte UD5 mobo. 16Gb ram.
the price for both GPU's was 219+tax for the radeon HD 6950 and around 300 final for the R9.
also, if you recomend another brand/model be free to post it, i can really use some help for this part of the build :D.

Hello Nacho_1

The R9 390 would be a significant upgrade from the HD 6950, and having a single powerful card is typically less of a headache than trying to get multiple GPU's to play nicely with eachother.

As long as you have a strong enough PSU to support the R9 390, it would be a great choice. It's one of the strongest cards in the $300 price point and great for both 1080p and 1440p gaming. The R9 390 is currently the AMD card to get if you want to play games at those resolutions on Ultra.