drivers for FPD1975W TFT LCD, win 10

Jenny Blank

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Generic drivers Win 10 auto installs are wonky. Gateway no longer supports this monitor, but it still works fine with the right drivers. Every search just misleads to driver update utilities. What to do?

Solution
Generic drivers Win 10 auto installs are wonky.
Agreed! They are what's been causing an already simple and fun OS more trouble and criticism. Hunting has lead me to come across this thread

Now, I went through Gateway's product and download pages to find that the product isn't listed in their download inventory but I do know it is slated for support with Windows XP and Vista.

If you yet have the original drivers that came with your monitor(via a CD/DVD) then you can run the setup/drivers in compatibility mode.

Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Windows XP/Vista [from the drop down menu]

I've tried looking for drivers but with no luck.

Lutfij

Titan
Generic drivers Win 10 auto installs are wonky.
Agreed! They are what's been causing an already simple and fun OS more trouble and criticism. Hunting has lead me to come across this thread

Now, I went through Gateway's product and download pages to find that the product isn't listed in their download inventory but I do know it is slated for support with Windows XP and Vista.

If you yet have the original drivers that came with your monitor(via a CD/DVD) then you can run the setup/drivers in compatibility mode.

Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Windows XP/Vista [from the drop down menu]

I've tried looking for drivers but with no luck.

Solution