Windows 10 VERY slow to boot, unusable on desktop

drho2004

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Hello! i have a somewhat new install of windows 10 on my home build rig. the rig is a multi os machine but each os has its own hard rive. i have 32gb of ram, icore7, 1gb radeon video card running two monitors and 1gb geforce running another. windows 10 is on an 240gb ssd drive. i haven't booted into windows 10 in a couple of months and i tried yesterday. First thing i noticed is that it took forever to even get into the login screen. it was what seemed stuck on the windows logo with that spinning white circle, at first i thought it froze so i restarted again, same thing. i had to take care of some other stuff came back and noticed that it was finally on the login screen, from there it took another hour or so to get into the desktop. once in the desktop the os was basically unusable. it was as if i ran out of ram or something was dragging me down. before this i was able to boot into desktop in about 20 seconds. i do not know what could have caused this. the only change in hardware since the last time i booted windows 10 was adding a second video card, but i doubt something like that would have such a great impact on performance. any ideas? thanks!