Please answer fast , should I buy this monitor

TheMurlocKing

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
Hey guys I'm spending 2k on my rig and 800 on the new asus rog swift but I only have about 2600 right now I have enough to buy my rig 2k keyboard 170 and mouse 60, but there's a monitor on sale right now for 60 bucks just 1080p it ends in 11 hours should I buy that one and use it until I get my rog swift thanks for reply

arlemedra

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
I don't think this monitor will ever get cheaper. For other electronics? I would say you just have to look out for deals whenever you can, so if there is a deal on Friday then you should take it. Low-end electronics tend not to go on sale for too much due to low profit margins.

arlemedra

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014

Besides price and looks? For gaming with your build? Not really. Both are very good motherboards, but in your case where you do have a budget to consider, I would save $150 and go with the PG.

TheMurlocKing

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks for helping me out so much, I might change to that mobo you said but that air cooler, I really want to go with liquid cooling is the corsair 110i gtx really that much better than the h100i

arlemedra

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014

How much will you be overclocking? I don't know too much about liquid cooling, but it seems to me that there isn't that big of a difference between the two. Bear in mind that the mobo was only part of the savings. I also swapped out for a cheaper version of your same case, as well as a cheaper 980 ti that should give you the same performance.

EDIT: I ask about overclocking because you don't need a beefy HSF if you aren't going to be overclocking, and the stock fan will do just fine.

arlemedra

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014

Wow you're right. Amazon lists the clock speed at 1253 GHz, which is really high! (lol its a typo, meant to be mhz instead) But if the overclock is what you are concerned about, you can just overclock it yourself using some simple software, but again it depends if 100 mhz is worth $50 to you.

arlemedra

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014

That's perfectly fine, and the Zotac will be slightly faster than the EVGA out of the box, so it's up to you whether that difference is worth the difference in price.

TheMurlocKing

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015

Thanks for all the help really. One last question i think i asked this before, should i wait until cyber monday to buy all my parts, or buy it now, because on pcparpicker the MIR and promo codes expire on the 30th a day before cyber monday im saving about 60 dollars if i buy right now, should i just wait ?

arlemedra

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
I would buy anything that is on sale right now, then buy whatever wasn't on sale on Monday, just in case a deal pops up. This is assuming you are okay with not having all your parts arrive at the same time. Buying anything that isn't on sale is always a gamble, especially with a large purchase like this.