Having boot issues with Windows 10 after attempting to migrate to new SSD

shamone

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Hello,

I am having a pretty large problem with a boot issue on my PC. Yesterday, I attempted to clone the files on my previous SSD, a 120GB OCZ Vertex Plus R2, to a larger Samsung EVO 250GB. However, the Samsung SSD did not boot, and soon after, the OCZ SSD stopped booting as well. It would either say that it wasn't connected, that there was a problem with winload.efi, or get stuck in a loop of automatic repair-->diagnosis-->drive repair-->BSOD almost as soon as repair starts. I formatted the Samsung drive, and now it appears that the OCZ drive is not set as bootable. I have attempted to fix errors with Macrium Reflect, and attempted to use bootrec and bcdboot, however nothing has changed. When I checked the drive with diskpart, it was listed as not bootable. Is there anything that can be done to solve this issue? Thank you!

Another issue: I just tried running bcdboot /scanos, bcdboot /rebuildbcd, bcdboot /fixmbr just now, and it said that there were no Windows installations found, even though I could access all of my files from the recovery environment.

Lutfij

Titan
Is it possible to shoot your full systems specs? For some reason your system files might have become corrupted. Its a toss up actually, some have reported nightmares with cloning their Windows 10 drives while others have nothing but ecstatic reviews t pass on with details. I assume you have all your drives except the OCZ Vertex connected while performing drive repair procedures?

Remove all of your drives and have only your Samsung SSD connected to your primary SATA port before you attempt to reinstall windows 10. Mind you was this installation a clean one or via an upgrade(from which OS Prior)? Also did you perform a BIOS update prior to moving onto Windows?