Monitor has tinted red and shadowing old start up.

TBGamer22

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Hello, not sure how to explain this might be better showing you with pictures. To start, I have 3 monitors, acer, and they have been working fine for the past 2 years now about 2 weeks ago one of them start tinting red and showing black horizontal lines. That was my middle monitor so I swapped it over to the left one so that the left one is my middle monitor. That was has been fine up until 2 days ago when my right monitor starting tinting red. But this one is slight different, when I have the colour white on it, it tints red but when I have anything slightly blue, it shows chrome very slightly. Even when I do a reboot it still shows it even when I haven't opened it.

Some things I have checked:
Cables, swapped cables round with the working one still does the same thing.
Reset all monitors, still happens.
Updated GPU drivers(HD7950), Still happens.
Just then I have reset my GPU, still happening.
It might be the monitors themselves but 2 doing the same thing in the space of 2 weeks?

Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

bailojustin

Distinguished
Do you have any speakers located near the Monitors?

Edit: Also in case you were not aware even though there are two DVI ports and one HDMI port on the card, you can only use two of the three at once since the card only outputs two TMDS clock signals. The rest of the displays must be native Displayport or use an active Displayport to DVI adapter, which generates the necessary DVI clock signal.

You are probably using passive adapters that are usually bundled with the card. You must use one active adapter for the third display to work; the other two displays can be connected directly to the card with no adapters.

TBGamer22

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

I am using an Active Display Port Adaptor. All three have been working perfectly fine, triple screen gaming, or multi desktop for 2 years. Its only just started acting up 2 weeks ago. And No I haven't got any speakers next to it :/

bailojustin

Distinguished

Sounds like around the time you might have upgraded to windows 10 im guessing, if you do have windows 10, it is most likely a driver fault somewhere in the display drivers. Alot of issues have been found relating to this, I recommend uninstalling and drive sweeping for any remnants of your old drivers, this includes registry. then reinstalling using the latest drivers directly from the site.