Using Windows 7 OEM License to Activate Windows 10

sobamonster42

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
As we all know Win10 Nov Update (aka 1511) has arrived and with it the ability to activate windows 10 using win7/8/8.1 keys. But what if the key was an OEM key? Will windows 10 still allow activation?

My situation is that i am caught in a war between apple and microsoft.

i bought a windows 7 pro oem license thinking i can dual boot camp on my macbook. but apple removed windows 7 support completely (long google search revealed someone has tried every conceivable means to install windows 7 on a mac without using tools like refind) so installing that way is out of the question.

so i installed windows 10 instead. but when i tried to key in my win7 pro key during the installation process it does not recognise it. so i installed windows 10 without a license key hoping to activate it later. but windows 10 installed the home edition by default and there is no way for me to change this without a windows 10 pro license key.

i tried keying in my win7 pro license key into win10 home to activate but it said i had a different version of windows. then i tried to update from the app store using my win7 pro license, no luck.

i called microsoft and asked them for a pure win10 pro iso but they cant provide that. i tried asking them to trade my win7 pro license for a win10 pro license since someone did that and posted to the forum and the rep said he will try to help but he seemed more concerned if i was a pirate cos he kept asking me where i got this key from.

microsoft should really train their tech support to realise that if someone wanted to install windows 10 pro and he was a pirate, he would just download, install and crack it. Here is a customer who is determined to make his authentic windows 7 work.

sobamonster42

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

i checked, its 1511. is there a way to get the pure PRO version without HOME? bcos everytime i install it reverts to HOME