PC will not wake up from sleep mode

ashik1983

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Hi,

I have searched the forum but could not find a specific solution for the problem i have.

Thing is, when i myself put the pc in sleep mode with the click of a button, it will go into sleep mode, but will not wake up with the press of a keyboard key or mouse click etc. I have to then shut it down forcefully and restart the system.

However, when the system goes into sleep after a specified period of inactivity say 15 minutes or so, it goes into sleep mode, then wakes up properly with keyboard key and mouse click.

So the sleep mode and the wake up is working when system itself goes in sleep mode, but not when i put it into sleep mode.

All help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ashik

ashik1983

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015

I checked Power Options in control panel, and went to advanced power settings etc, but could not find anything specific that would give me the option to wake up from keyboard or mouse. The USB selective suspend setting is enabled by default so haven't changed it.

In BIOS there is option to wake pc with keyboard and mouse but its only for PS2 keyboard and mouse. Nothing there for USB peripherals.

Also note that pc does wake up with keyboard when system goes into sleep mode by itself.