Unable to save setting - 3 monitors - 1 HDMI - 2 DVI (1 Single / 1 Dual) (Adapter HDMI to DVI on the dual)

wayneluu91

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hi guys,
My card is Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 7950. I have 2 of them but I run Crossfire so consider it's just one. On it, I have 4 ports, 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayP, 1 Single DVI-I, 1 Dual DVI-I. I plug in 1 monitor to HDMI, 1 to DVI-Single, another one I have an adapter of DVI to HDMI, so into card is DVI but into monitor is HDMI. I am not able to extend the 3rd monitor, whenever I try, a message appears saying "Unable to save setting." But if I disable the 2nd one, I can extend the 3rd. I can't have all 3 up at the same time.

So is it possible to have all 3 up at the same time?

Thanks all.

Solution
You can only use 3 monitors on a single card by connecting the 3rd monitor using the card's display port

What ever you do you won't be able to use 3 monitors on a single card except that way

If the monitors doesn't have a display port , you will have to buy an ACTIVE displayport to HDMI-VGA-DVD adapter and connect from the display port of your card to the adapter then to the monitor

Now you can try to connect the 3rd monitor to the second graphics card , if it did work manage the setting through the OS display settings or through amd driver's eyefinity .
If it didn't work as you want , then you must buy an active display port to HDMI-VGA-DVD adapter and use it .

ZENprime

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
You can only use 3 monitors on a single card by connecting the 3rd monitor using the card's display port

What ever you do you won't be able to use 3 monitors on a single card except that way

If the monitors doesn't have a display port , you will have to buy an ACTIVE displayport to HDMI-VGA-DVD adapter and connect from the display port of your card to the adapter then to the monitor

Now you can try to connect the 3rd monitor to the second graphics card , if it did work manage the setting through the OS display settings or through amd driver's eyefinity .
If it didn't work as you want , then you must buy an active display port to HDMI-VGA-DVD adapter and use it .

Solution

wayneluu91

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hm, it looks like I really have to buy the adapter for display port. @ZENprime: it doesnt work that way when I tried. When I have 3 monitors on 2 card with Crossfire ON = only 2 monitors came up. I turned off the Crossfire, 3 up. I think the answer is display port. Thanks guys.

TRENDING THREADS