Spanish laptop, english windows, still got some spanish words??

Nathan93

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Hey
I bought a laptop in spain recently, they changed it for me at the store to english on windows 8.1

Did my free upgrade to windows 10 today and it mostly went smoothly, however there is the occasional spanish word cropping up..
For example if i hover over the speaker button by the clock it says 'Altavoces', translates to speakers, but if i hover over the battery one for example it just says battery as you would expect.

I have removed the spanish language pack from the settings and only have the uk english one in there now, have rebooted a couple of times and so far no luck in changing it.

It's not exactly computer threatening, just a bit annoying!

Any help much appreciated, thanks in advance

Hi

do a clean install again of the correct english win 10

The ms download program asks 32 or 64 bit version, country, win 10 home or pro
Then if you want to make a iso, burn to dvd or make bootable usb

Sorry paste of link not working!

You can change country/ language and possibly 64 bit or 32 bit but not home or pro matching what your win 8 is

Once you have upgraded to W 10 and the activation is stored on ms servers you can do a clean install of w10 to remove remainder of Spanish windows

Regards
Mike Barnes

Nathan93

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Hi
I didn't see an option to choose between 32 or 64 bit version when i was doing it earlier, im living in spain now and downloaded it from en gb website which confused me a bit as all the inital set up was in spanish, only once it had finished did it change to english.

how do you do a clean install and how to do you know when the activation has been stored on their servers?

Thanks

Hi

Win 10 readyness icon comes on system tray and will see you have Spanish windows
You have an option of downloading a iso of win 10 in any language to use to upgrade

My last note did not give link as paste has stopped working properly on my tablet

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO

Worked this time

A clean install is one where you boot from dvd or usb and take advanced option to format c:

Windows 10 will say activated once you have been on the internet for a while in control panel system

This may be a lot of hard work just for a minor annoyance especially if you speak Spanish and live in Spain

There would be a lot of work installing any pre installed software such as MS Office etc

Regards
Mike Barnes

Nathan93

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Yea as far as I can see so far it is literally just the one word, although I've not been thorough enough to trawl through all the menu's checking them. It is just a minor annoyance.

I don't speak Spanish yet, but it's kind of an abvious on to learn, it has the speaker icon after all.

Thanks for your help!