should I downgrade to windows 7 from windows 10?

Seemly

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
So I upgraded to windows 10 on my Lenovo y50, been using it since it came out till now, I heard about Microsoft being able to check your files and stuff, plus I like the look of win 7 so watcha think, should I downgrade?

Or should I just do dual boot?

USAFRet

Titan
1. You can't dualboot with only one license. Either Win 7, or that license Upgraded to Win 10.
One or the other, you can't do both.

2. You can turn most or all of that stuff off.

3. All that same functionality is being backported to Win 7 and 8.1.

4. Where did you read this, so that we may verify the tinfoil hat level of that site....:)

Seemly

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015

Honestly mate, I only saw few of my friends saying that, I can't confrm but I can't also take the risk, plus, I have a disk of win 7 with a license so don't worry about that, I just wanna make sure if I should go to win 7 or dual boot both 10 and 7

TbsToy

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
There have always been back doors in all OSs. They are necessary. Do you really think MS is interested in your cat pics like they don't have anything else to do with the billion MS installs and etc.? 10 is it. 7 is a 7 + year old OS. If ya want privacy unplug your net connection permanently.
Sincerely,
Walt Prill

Seemly

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015

Ya got me wrong mate, windows 8.1 came pre installed on this laptop, I upgraded from win 8.1 to 10, I got a copy of win 7 ultimate that I would like to downgrade to/dual boot (still not sure)

Seemly

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015

Mhm one more thing if you don't mind, when I dual boot, can I set it to auto boot to one of the Os?

USAFRet

Titan

If they are installed properly, yes.

May I ask why you want the dualboot thing?

TbsToy

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015

Why bother with a dual boot? There is nothing 7 does better than 10. We upgraded all three of our machines and even deleted the .old folder and will never go back to 7. Keep separate image back ups or two OSs on separate drives, if that is what ya want. The privacy thing is nonsense predicated by unknown paranoia that somebody said somewhere..
Just us though.
Walt Prill

Seemly

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015

Well I can't decide to keep one Os, so dual booting sounds like the best option for me :)

Seemly

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015

Mhm I see...

USAFRet

Titan

"decide" should take about 3 days. After that...one or the other.