Does Windows 10 recognize and block counterfeit software if not logged in with a Microsoft account?

almostageek

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Dear all, especially Windows 10 users,
I am interested in the OS and want to try it out, moreover, some sources tell me that the OS will neither update nor block counterfeit (cracked) softwares, and how to skip logging in to my Microsoft account during OS installation (which I got stuck with when installing Windows 8.1)
Regards and thanks for any helps

Solution
Yes, you can use Win 10 with only a local account. You can do this with Win 8.1 as well.
And no, we're not going to give you advice on running your cracked software.

almostageek

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015

So in other words, there's no way to use neither Windows 10 nor 8.1 WITHOUT a Microsoft accont? P.S. can I sign in to my computer in case connection has been lost?

jancoz90

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 work fine without a Microsoft account. If you're going to upgrade to Windows 10 and you don't want it connected to your MS account you should probably logout of your MS account on Windows 8.1 before upgrading.
As for the cracked software, maybe you should consider scoring a cheap Windows 7 license and upgrading to Windows 10 from that. Spares you all this *.

USAFRet

Titan

I said the exact opposite.
You CAN use Win 8.1 or 10 WITHOUT a MS account.

USAFRet

Titan

You could, you know...just try it.

Unplug your lan cable, boot up.
See what happens.