Game wont shut down... Help needed.

AnonymousDuck

Honorable
Oct 29, 2014
I did a post on steam forums about this, but no one seems to take me seriously there so I'm just going to copy it here.

"Dayz.exe wont close...
I mean really, It won't fu*king close.
Basically it all started when I was having issues with Battleye, So i tried to deleet it but it wouldn't let me, reason for that was that DayZ.exe was running. Even tho it wasnt...
So I tried to close steam. still running, I tried to restart My PC, still running.

At this point I was getting angry, So i deleted the whole game via steam, But it left a lot of files in the folder, So i tried manually deleting the folder, But couldn't do that because Dayz. exe is running.

I was getting more angry so I went to steam folder and clicked the unisntall, so I uninstalled steam and all my other games with it. It gave me no errors and said that steam is now uninstalled. But then I noticed that there still was a steam folder, And I followed the folder path and it led me right into DayZ folder..And I still couldn't delete it.

So I restarted my PC again without having steam installed, Yet Dayz.exe is still running.
Also its propably good to mention that the DayZ.exe is not visible in the processes in task manager, However it is visible in the details section, And if I try to terminate the process it says acces denied.
I even tried process hacker to kill the process but it gave me an error.

I am losing my mind here and while I'm still somewhat sane I would like some help.

Thanks!"

Solution
try booting into safe mode, then deleting it. if that doesn't work,

you can manually kill the process.

Open command prompt in administration mode. (right click on command prompt icon, chose run in administration mode)
type the following commands-

1) tasklist
-note the PID for Dayz.exe, you'll need it for the next command
2) taskkill /PID xxxx /f /t
-enter the PID for Dayz in the area i typed xxxx
try booting into safe mode, then deleting it. if that doesn't work,

you can manually kill the process.

Open command prompt in administration mode. (right click on command prompt icon, chose run in administration mode)
type the following commands-

1) tasklist
-note the PID for Dayz.exe, you'll need it for the next command
2) taskkill /PID xxxx /f /t
-enter the PID for Dayz in the area i typed xxxx

Solution

AnonymousDuck

Honorable
Oct 29, 2014
Thanks, However when I tried to kill the process manually it said that it was a child process of another task, And game me the PID of the task it was a child to.
So i tried to kill the other task, but it said that that task doesn't exicst. I double checked that I wrote it all correctly but I found no mistakes from my part.

Edit. Now that I look there was also a reason why it couldnt be terminated, however the message was in my windows language, so im not exactly sure how it translates into english.
Something about the task not having an occurence.