Windows 10 upgrade won't work

TonyH88

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Hi guys,

My sister bought a new laptop yesterday, to be specific a: Asus F302L.
She asked me to make her computer 'school ready', so I did. I wanted to do upgrade her Windows 8 to 10, since it is much better, but it won't let me.
The Windows 10 is ready to install, the window says: restart now. But in less then 10 seconds after pressing that I'm back in the main screen of Windows 8. I couldn't find anything on the internet regarding this issue, but I might not have searched with the right words (English isn't my first language).
I can always do clean setup, but I prefer to do the upgrade if possible.

Has anybody encounter this problem before? If so, how can I solve it?

Thank you for you time in advance.

Solution
I can't find a driver download page for an Asus F302L but I can find one for an Asus F302LA - is that it? (Going on that)According to Asus's F302LA support page, you have a BIOS update version 204 that is necessary to support Windows 10 and ofc you have a whole lot of other drivers to download prior to moving onto Windows 10. Make sure they are on a USB drive after downloading.

Alot of people all over the www have complained about the update process being buggy and causing issues overall including here on Tom's. Here is a tutorial to help you get started though do keep your bootable USB installer of Windows 8 handy should you have to move back to your OS that shipped with your unit.

If I had a...

Lutfij

Titan
I can't find a driver download page for an Asus F302L but I can find one for an Asus F302LA - is that it? (Going on that)According to Asus's F302LA support page, you have a BIOS update version 204 that is necessary to support Windows 10 and ofc you have a whole lot of other drivers to download prior to moving onto Windows 10. Make sure they are on a USB drive after downloading.

Alot of people all over the www have complained about the update process being buggy and causing issues overall including here on Tom's. Here is a tutorial to help you get started though do keep your bootable USB installer of Windows 8 handy should you have to move back to your OS that shipped with your unit.

If I had a detailed systems specs to go by I could probably source drivers for your unit e.g: Intel's GPU drivers including your LAN.

Solution