Latest Windows 10 Update Uninstalled Intel Smart Connect Software

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Just as said, I updated lastest Windows 10 major update and it uninstalled Intel Smart Connect. I notice on Intel site it is no longer going to be live supported. I also notice if I re-install it does not work anyways. Should I just uninstall it?

Solution
I have an ASRock Z77 Extreme3 LGA - I found the drivers that ASRock supplied created issues for me - and I uninstalled all of their stuff. My drivers were native Windows 7 drivers, and even Windows 8 had issues with it (even though they updated them to Windows 8.1). I have let Windows do all the drivers except my NVidia 750ti drivers on this machine - no issues.

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010

That was honestly my thought too. As a result of Windows having no drivers for it and it being an Intel product with latest intel drivers not working, I uninstalled it as Windows did originally. Problem is my Mobo keeps wanting to reinstall them ASRock Z97 Extreme4

I have an ASRock Z77 Extreme3 LGA - I found the drivers that ASRock supplied created issues for me - and I uninstalled all of their stuff. My drivers were native Windows 7 drivers, and even Windows 8 had issues with it (even though they updated them to Windows 8.1). I have let Windows do all the drivers except my NVidia 750ti drivers on this machine - no issues.

Solution

Kispolak

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
Hi Everybody,

My problem is solved after 2 years of using Windows 10 x64 on my ASUS Zenbook UX301LA following the next link from

http://drivers.softpedia.com/downloadTag/Smart%20Connect%20Technology

So I have chosen a more or less similar ultrabook (ASUS ZENBOOK UX302LA) and was praying to God, that this driver (Windows 8.1 x64) Intel Smart Connect Technology Driver 4.2.41.25492015-05-11

SmartConnect_Intel_Win8_64_VER42412633

would "go up" (installed/accepted), but it was accepted and installed by Windows 10 x64. And the problem was solved promptly: during 2 years e.g. the "sleep" mode really had not worked. If I put to "sleep" and pressed any button or the Power button, nothing happened and I had to press the Power button 5-8 seconds and restart the ultrabook again.

Because, as we all know, Intel did not update these drivers for Windows 10. But if you find a driver more or less similar to your HW/notebook, you may download that driver (Windows 8) and perhaps you have the chance, that this will work. I already changed the Power Options in my settings to use the sleep and tried it with various modes: pressed the power button, put to sleep mode with start button etc. And, for the time being, it works.

Good luck to you and have fun!