Help with moving windows 10 from HDD to SSD and adding new components

AcoyZ

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Hello, I have a question(s) about moving my current windows 10 from a HDD to a SSD, Firstly I do not mind doing a clean new install of it over to the new SSD, but I do not know how to do it. I am currently using quite an old motherboard, cpu, ram and all that, so I aditionally bought a new mother board, ram, CPU, SSD, a new HDD and CPU fan cooler, I would like to install these components, then toss away the older componets to recycling.

Will this create any problems? Do I have to buy a complete new windows 10 Key or can I change all these components without any problem?

The thing is, the current computer wielding the windows 10 was originally a windows vista OS, then upgraded from vista to 8 from a Windows 8 Pro licensed upgrade box i got from a friend (I still have the CD's, key card with the code for Windows 8 Pro used ofc, but it took nearly 24 hours to install just 8, on the old parts, then another 24 to upgrade it to 8.1 then 10, and would love to skip that). I don't even know if the same key that came with the box is the same that is used on the upgraded version of windows 10, and I do not know how to check. (I am useless at these sort of things, I installed the SSD, new HDD and all the old components in a new case and made everything work, with the old HDD running the windows 10, then wanted to try to clean install onto the SSD with the media tool, but I even failed at that, because I couldnt figure out how to do it.)

if its needed here are the specifications for the new components:
Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB 2.5" OEM
MSI Z97-G43 Military Class 4 motherboard
Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD
Ballistix Crucial 16GB kit RAM DDR 3 (2x8)
Intel Core i7-4790k Socket-LGA1150, Quad Core, 4.0GHz

I would love some insight in this before I screw apart my old computer and start to hassle around, without it never being able to even start.

Kind regards,
AcoyZ

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

What make/model ssd?

AcoyZ

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

its a Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB 2.5" OEM, Updated the new components with full names now, if that helps.

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

You need good disk cloning software and pre format ssd to ntfs

AcoyZ

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013

So I can't do a clean install with the media tool? and if I use the cloning software, will I be able to start it on the other components?